Beginning March 24, the week after break, we will have Parent Fellowship time before and/or after worship. There will be treats and worshipers can help themselves to the coffee bar in the Narthex. Feel free to join in on the fellowship time before or after the school worship service each Thursday. No obligation, just a time to have some adult conversations with family members and friends that attended worship on that Thursday morning.
Worship Feb. 17
Our first graders did a great job leading us in worship on Thursday. They reminded us of The Golden Rule. As a follow-up, I looked up information on the biblical context. “In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you…” This rule of conduct is a summary of the Christian’s duty to one’s neighbor and states a fundamental ethical principle. This well known verse presents what has become known as the Golden Rule. Matthew 7:12, is part of the Sermon on the Mount. The students shared the story of Joseph and the mistreatment from his brothers which demonstrated the power of forgiveness and tied it directly back to the Fruits of the Spirit and the expectations we have in place for the treatment of others.
ISASP Practice Tests: 3rd-6th grade
The Iowa Statewide Assessment of Student Progress (ISASP) are assessments developed by Iowa Testing Programs at the University of Iowa for the state of Iowa. As an accredited school with the Iowa Department of Education this test is a required test that our 3-6th grade students will take. The assessments are aligned with the Iowa Core standards and provide a clear and accurate assessment of student learning outcomes.
St. Paul’s has selected April 18-29 as the testing window for the ISASP. Practice tests allow students and educators to become familiar with TestNav, the online testing platform for the ISASP. All students take the reading, language arts and math portion of the test and just our 5th graders take the science portion. The teachers will be providing practice time for the students at school and I am also providing the link that students can access at any time. Click HERE for the ISASP Practice Tests.
Sneak Peek-Lutheran Schools Week: March 7-11
Dress Up Days:
- Monday: Can’t Hide Your Faith in the Branches!: Dress in camo or animal print
- Tuesday: Have a ‘Tree’mendous Tuesday: Dress in brown or green
- Wednesday: Jesus will Never ‘“Leaf” You: Dress in your favorite leaf color
- Thursday: Root for your School: St. Paul’s School spirit dress
- Friday: Forest Friday: Stand tall in your best dress
- Monday, Feb. 21 – Monthly PTO Meeting in Room 121 at 6 p.m.
- Feb. 24, March 2 & 3 – PS-6th grade Parent Teacher Conference
- Sunday, March 6 – Lutheran Schools Week Kick Off at 11 a.m. Service
- March 7-11 – Lutheran Schools Week
- Friday, March 11, 2022 – K-6 Grandparents Day/Scholastic Book Fair
- March 14-18 – Spring Break
- Saturday, May 7, 2022 – Spring Social (Adult only Event–we hope to see you all there!)