By: Principal Tamela Johnson
School’s Out for the Summer!
Just a reminder that next Friday, May 27th there will be an early dismissal on the last day of school. School will be dismissed at 12:40 p.m.
Spring Social Success
Blessings to our Spring Social Committee, especially event coordinators Steph Whitcome and Shania Anderegg, Jo Groth, our food coordinator and Bridgett Bolman for all the fantastic desserts. Thank you to all those that came forward to assist in ensuring the event ran smoothly. A special thank you goes out to all our donors and those that supported the event financially.Drum roll…our total for the night’s event was just over $22,000 for our School Fund! The event’s success will enable us to continue supporting our technology and curriculum needs. God bless you all!
Although the school year is coming to an end, we are looking ahead to next school year! Volunteers are crucial to making Junior Achievement programs a success. The real-world connection that volunteers can provide makes our programs relevant and engaging to our students. Volunteer opportunities can be found by visiting engage.ja.org. If you know of someone that would be a great fit for your classroom, encourage them to volunteer! If they have questions, they can email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions and would like to talk to one of our current volunteers, please reach out to Principal Johnson or Amy.
Our statewide early math and literacy assessment is the Fast Bridge assessment. Your child’s results have been or will soon be shared with you. For more information about the assessment and the reports, visit https://www.illuminateed.com/products/fastbridge/reports/family-report/.
Possible Tutors for the Summer
- Annie Place (Math, Reading, ESL K-3rd Grade): (319) 269-6412, email@example.com
- Anika Perry (Reading, Special Ed. 3rd-4th Grade): (319) 491-2336, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Breya Christopher: (815) 281-2148, email@example.com
- Kai Johnson: (319)-432-8147, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy Kukral: email@example.com
- Christine McCubbin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Addy Carlson (Math): (641) 590-7209, Addy.email@example.com
- Micah Decker: (564) 794-1598, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kjirsten Zahn: (507) 460-2235, email@example.com
- Haley Jacobsen: (507) 481-6625, Haley.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carter Moore (Vocal Music): (641) 530-990
- Abigail Wrecsics (Instrumental Music – Trumpet, Flute, Ocarina): (641) 220-0830
College Saving Contest
Celebrate 529 Day and Win $529 State Treasurer Michael Fitzgerald and College Savings Iowa are celebrating 529 Day throughout the month of May by giving away 100 College Savings Iowa contributions! A winner in each of Iowa’s 99 counties will win a $529 contribution and one grand prize winner from all entrants will win a $1,529 contribution. Families interested in registering for the giveaway can visit Iowa529Contest.com to enter for a chance to win. All Iowans with a child or grandchild under 18 are encouraged to register for the giveaway by May 31, whether they already have a College Savings Iowa account or not. College Savings Iowa offers families a tax-advantaged way to save money for their children’s education and help limit their need to borrow for growing expenses. Once you’ve entered the giveaway, don’t forget to check out the great resources and information about College Savings Iowa at CollegeSavingsIowa.com. For more information about future giveaways and plan updates, find College Savings Iowa on Facebook and Twitter.
Save the Dates:
- May 27: Last Day of School
School board information, meeting agendas, and meeting minutes are posted on our webpage at https://www.stpaulswaverly.org/school/school-board/.