6th Grade Confirmation
Old Testament Discovery
Class meets at the school. Seventh grade students need transportation from the Middle School to the church. Classes are over at 4:15pm. Students can be picked up at that time or remain for supervised recreation. A break is built in at midpoint. Parents are welcome to join the class!
- To tell the story that unfolds in the Old Testament over 1,800 years as our story of faith.
- To engage the God of this story and discover what God’s love means and what loving God means.
- To connect with the ordinary people whom God chooses and connect to our own baptism.
- To look at values that God gives us and how Bible persons made good/bad choices.
- To live what it means to be the church by prayer, worship, service and being part of God’s people.
- To practice working together as believers in making a difference in God’s world.
- Students may choose an adult mentor for the year, someone your family knows and trusts.
- Students and mentors meet throughout the year for discussion and service activities.
- You can keep the same mentor for all three years of confirmation if you wish.
Activities with Mentors:
- Attend worship together at St. Paul's occasionally throughout the year.
- Do a service project together in the fall.
- Attend Advent worship services together.
- Do a service project together in the spring.
- Attend Lent worship services together, and discuss afterwards.
- Meet at other times if you wish. (school or sports event, family dinner, etc)