Bus transportation to St. Paul's
St. Paul's Lutheran School is a regular bus stop for Waverly-Shell Rock. If you register your student for classes at the public schools, you can specify St. Paul's as the drop-off location for your student on Wednesdays.
You can participate.
Saints Alive is open to all students in the community from preschool through 5th grade can participate in Saints Alive. The program includes worship, snacks, Bible-based games, stories, activities and crafts. The program runs from 2:45-4:15pm, and choirs meet from 4:15-5pm.
The goal of Saints Alive is to celebrate God’s gracious presence at a new time with Scripture, with safe, enriching, faith-based activity times, and bringing our community together in fellowship and in new worship.
Saints Alive runs each Wednesday school is in session through May 18, 2016.
You can help.
Each week, Saints Alive needs 20+ volunteers to provide the best quality programming for our students. Volunteer in one or two areas such as core teacher, occasional helper in class, or with games or arts & crafts. You can also assist prior to Wednesdays by preparing snacks or after Saints Alive by helping with clean-up. Parents are strongly encouraged to participate by volunteering as they are able.
You can give.
Donations are welcome! They will help us purchase, snacks, supplies, support registration costs and purchase additional Spark Bibles for our classrooms.
You can pray.
Lead your family in daily prayer for God to bless St. Paul’s ministries. Just start by taking moment each day to join hands, close eyes and say: Lord, bless us, our schools and our church.
- Pray that children and families will be blessed by St. Paul’s Wednesday programming.
- Pray for inspired leadership, and willing servants to staff Saints Alive.
- Pray for resources to sustain this ministry.
- Pray for inspiration guiding you to a place in Saints Alive.
- 2pm // Activities for students from St. Paul’s School
- 2:45pm // Arrival of bussed Waverly-Shell Rock students for class and confirmation.
- 2:45-4pm // Confirmation for grade 6-8 in session.
- 3:00-4:15pm // Worship, snack, learning and game times for students Pre-5.
- 4:15-5pm // Cherub Choir (age 4 - grade 2) and Friends of the Lord (grades 3-5) meet.
- 4:15-4:30pm // Aftercare supervision provided for registered families.
Program Supplies Appreciated
Donated items may be dropped off in the church office.
- Walmart & Fareway gift (scrip) cards for snacks
- Masking tape
- Colored sharpie markers
- Gallon, sandwich, and snack Ziploc bags
- Washable markers (wide and thin)
- Washable watercolor paint sets
- Hand sanitizer
- Paper towels
- Cotton balls
- Glue sticks
- Elmer's glue
- Colored construction paper