STO stands for “School Tuition Organization.” The STO serving the Archdiocese of Dubuque is “Our Faith, Our Children, Our Future” School Tuition Organization. The tuition assistance grants from this program are funded through an Iowa tax credit program. We strongly encourage interested parents to complete an application. The Our Faith, Our Children, Our Future STO, coupled with our local tuition assistance program, makes Christian education affordable for all.
STO TAX Credit
The Iowa Education Opportunities Act of 2006 set up the School Tuition Organization (STO) program helping school families and taxpayers.
- Families with income qualifying economic needs can receive tuition grants to attend accredited non-public schools in Iowa.
- Donors to the program receive a 75% Iowa income tax credit and can claim a portion of their charitable contribution on their Federal income tax.
- Gifts can be made in cash, through the transfer of appreciated stocks, IRA Required Minimum Distributions, or even as gifts of grain.
- For more information contact Deacon Brian Zeman at firstname.lastname@example.org
STO grants are available for K-6 students who reside in Iowa and whose household’s taxable income is at or below 300 percent (300%) of the federal poverty rate. STO grants are not available for preschool students.
During 2020-2021 School Year 47 students at St. Paul's were awarded $48,475. Last year qualifying families received between $300 to 90 percent (90%) of their tuition depending upon verified need. Awards vary from year-to-year depending upon the overall verified need of the applicant pool.
For more information, visit https://ourfaithsto.org/for-
How to apply:
- Only one application needs to be completed per household.
- Parents can start an application utilizing the name/zip code of one school.
- Additional children and the names of their schools can be added to that single application.
- Create an account and apply here.